Job Category:Office Services
Thank you for checking out BOWEN’s future opportunities in the City of Edmonton! We are always looking for great people to join our team for a variety of different positions. If you would like to be part of an exciting opportunity, apply now.
This future opportunity is for Paralegal's doing complex and independent legal work.
- Act on behalf of the client to prosecute cases
- Function in an independent manner and exercise considerable judgement in the assessment and determination whether cases contain sufficient evidence in order to proceed to trial, whether charges should be withdrawn, or whether to substitute a lesser fine amount
- One stream of the feild of Paralegals would have a specialization in traffic prosecution, a great degree of decision making and judgement applied, and level of directly applicable experience would be required
- A second steam would have a focus in complex and independent legal work dealing mainly with the areas of civil litigation and contract law
- Considerable knowledge of Provincial Procedures Offences Act, Highway Traffic Act, Municipal Government Act, and all Bylaws
- Working knowledge of Provincial Court procedures
- Working knowledge of techniques, terminology and practices used in acquiring information and evidence for trial
- Ability to interview civilian witnesses, police officers, special constables, and bylaw officers to determine their recollection of events relative to specific cases
- Well-developed skills in negotiation, mediation and conflict management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Successful completion of a recognized two year Legal Assistant Diploma program and five years of progressively responsible legal experience in the area of collection including a minimum of one year of prosecution experience in a Court of Law.
- Experience using Google suite of products
Register with BOWEN and join our talent community in the Edmonton area.