Are you an experienced Contracts Specialist with experience in the commercial construction industry? Our client, a company that provides a range of industrial services and modular construction solutions, is looking for an experienced Contracts Specialist to join their team for a 3-month contract. This opportunity could go permanent for the right individual. If you are looking for a new challenge and ready to hit the ground running, this opportunity could be for you.
- Manage the analysis, negotiation, development and execution of all divisional contracts to maximize financial and operational performance and mitigate risk.
- Working with the Modular Solutions team, administer, manage and ensure compliance of all Modular Solutions contracts with clients, vendors and business partners.
- Working with Corporate Legal, develop requisite offers of credit, security registrations and other contractual securities and ensure proper registration.
- Serve as the point of contact for clients on contractual matters, acting as Modular Solutions contractual representative, ensuring timely review, approval and reconciliation of variations, changes and claims.
- Conduct continuous program of monitoring of contracts compliance through oversight, KPI performance review and reporting.
- Research and recommend to management best practices and contract process improvements.
- Continuously improve and develop, and submit for approval, departmental contract management policies, procedures and processes.
- Assist in the continuous development of purchasing policies and procedures to support the adherence to Modular Solutions internal and external contractual obligations.
- Ensure proper maintenance of contractual records and documentation to established policy and procedure.
- Provide contract management guidance to Modular Solutions operational staff, including regular training.
- Ensure proper contract close-out, extension or renewal.
- Attend management meetings and prepare reports and statistics for the leadership team.
- A diploma or degree from an accredited post‐secondary institution in Accounting/Finance, Business Administration or Paralegal.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a construction environment (preference to commercial, but will consider industrial/modular)
- Minimum of eight 5 years’ progressive contract administration experience, including a minimum of three 3 years in a contracts management role.
- Knowledge of contract laws and regulations.
- Ability to interpret, write and negotiate contractual agreements
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the use of the MS Office suite (Word & Excel).
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to coordinate the efforts of others in order to accomplish tasks and objectives.
- Capable of identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented skills.
- Ability to multi‐task and work in a fast‐paced environment.
- Self‐motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Displays ethics and integrity in his/her work; accountable and dependable.
- A creative and innovative thinker.