MECHANICAL ENGINEER - MECHA01802
Our client in Fort McMurray, is looking to add an experienced Mechanical Engineer to their team for a fulltime four-month contract. The successful candidate will provide support to the Machinery Division. If you are interested in the position, please apply today! Please note: Local candidates preferred.
- Provide general engineering support for Equipment Strategies, Risk Base Work Selection, and Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA)
- Apply engineering technology and tools to support rotating equipment class programs.
- Conduct wear analysis to determine mission runs
- Prepare high quality scopes and engineering packages for both routine and non-routine maintenance
- Create change packages with management of change, risk assessment, peer review, revised drawings and data sheets
- Highlight future repairs and equipment replacements as required
- Support and/or lead investigations that relate to rotating equipment, including the development and implementation of follow up actions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Must be a Professional Engineer or eligible for membership in the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta (APEGA)
- Four to six years of engineering experience
- Extensive experience and working knowledge with American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) I Boilers equipment, and registered under regulatory authority of Alberta Boilers Safety Association (ABSA)
- Experience in design, maintenance and troubleshooting of rotating equipment is considered an asset
- Ability to facilitate alignment and open, effective communication among stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team and with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to work on multiple tasks of various size and complexity
People are the heart of every business. At BOWEN, we support that truth every single day. We champion inclusive cultures and harness diverse talent. We encourage applications from all, including people of any ethnic or national background, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, Indigenous Peoples and persons with disabilities.