Our dynamic client in Calgary is currently seeking a Financial Analyst to join their team on a 1 year contract. Reporting to the Supervisor, Financial Reporting, you will assist in the accurate and timely preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial results. The successful candidate will work within a team that is responsible for ensuring deadlines are met, and for various accounting and external reporting duties. If you feel you could excel in this position, please apply below.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements and associated working papers in compliance with IFRS
- Preparation of financial statement notes and MD&A
- Accounting for financial instruments, depletion and depreciation, asset retirement obligations, business combinations and equity based compensation programs
- Monthly consolidation and reconciliations, including preparation of the cash flow reconciliation
- Technical accounting research and implementation of new accounting policies
- Research and implementation of changes to securities regulations and review of securities filings.
- Project work including process improvement and financial systems upgrades
- Minimum 4 years’ experience
- Designated or working towards CA or CPA
- Combination of industry and accounting firm experience
- Experience working with internal controls within a SOX environment would be an asset
- Knowledge of consolidation software and Qbyte would be an asset
- Familiarity with upstream oil and gas industry would be an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage priorities in a fast paced environment
- Desire for continuous learning and professional growth.
- Strong in Microsoft Excel and Word