HEALTH CARE AIDE
Job Category:Health & Safety
HEALTH CARE AIDE
Our client, a long-term care facility in Camrose, Alberta is looking for an experienced Health Care Aide in a temporary basis, morning, night and afternoon shifts available, starting ASAP, If you feel this is a great opportunity for you, please apply below.
- Provide person-centered care services to residents/residents with dementia/cognitive impairment (including medication administration) ensuring professionalism, dignity and compassion with each interaction of residents.
- Safe medication administration (Training provided by Seasons)
- As part of the care team, follow infection control measures (per Seasons’ policies/procedures) to enhance the safety and wellbeing of residents and staff.
- Provide assistance with activity programs, housekeeping tasks (i.e., making beds, general cleaning) and laundry of residents as assigned.
- Respond to resident medical/physical/emotional needs with collaboration from Memory Care Manager/Health and Wellness Manager/nursing staff.
- Perform set-up, serving and tear down services for daily meal services as well as assist residents with walking to and from dining room and assist with eating.
- Promote and support a person-centered approach to care and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with residents and co-workers by committing to making every interaction positive and meaningful.
- Complete all necessary education requirements in a timely manner as required.
- Empathy and compassion for the needs of the elderly with a specific focus on individuals with Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Enrolled in the Alberta Health Care Aide (HCA) Directory
- Ability to communicate effectively following written and verbal instructions.
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize workload throughout scheduled shift.
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, team members and guests.
- Knowledge of medical equipment is considered an asset (blood pressure machine, oximeter, glucometer- and/or the ability to learn these skills with training)
- Previous experience providing personal care in healthcare environment is preferred.