Data Support Analyst
Job Category:Information Technology
Our client in Calgary is looking for an experienced Data Support Analyst for a 6-month contract opportunity. If you have experience with SQL in databases and are looking for a challenging role and an opportunity to perform tasks of high complexity and difficulty, this is your role!
- Use structured query language (SQL) to design, program, secure, maintain, and integrate databases.
- Process complex data requests.
- Ensure that systems are running efficiently.
- Perform testing on databases in support of modifications or upgrades and make recommendations for improvements to database.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required
- In depth knowledge of statistical analysis (classification, regression, time-series, Bayesian techniques, etc.) and machine learning (trees, ensembles, neural networks, validation methods etc.) is a plus.
- Expertise in Python & R is a must – and related packages like numpy, pandas, sklearn, keras, tensorflow, pytorch, h2o etc. Proficiency in other coding languages is an advantage
- Ability to collaborate, communicate effectively and take ownership of deliverables
- Knowledge of numerical methods for linear algebra and optimization is an advantage
- Knowledge/exposure to one or more of the following is an advantage: Formal software development practices, software testing, Linux, high performance computing or cloud technologies
- Previous work experience in the oil and gas industry is an advantage
- Previous experience as an IT professional and as a MS SQL Server Database Administrator, SQL, database knowledge, data structure.
- Experience in managing & training other team members and leading projects.