IT HCM PROJECT MANAGER
Job Category:Office Services
Do you have high attention to detail? Do you have strong analytical and problem solving skills and exposure to large-scale systems? Our client in Calgary is looking for an IT HCM Project Manager to assist various departments on a six month contract. If this sounds like something you may be interested in, please apply today!
- Manage key priority project in a growing organization
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end
- Define project scope and objectives, deliverables and success factors required to support business goals
- Collaborate with senior management and stakeholders
- Develop full-scale project plans interactively with team members and ensure on-time delivery
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals and track resource requirements and effort throughout the project
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitment with IT mgmt. if necessary
- Perform cost estimations, budget control, resource planning and critical path scheduling
- Elicit and manage business and technical requirements and parameters
- Facilitate design and implementation reviews
- Facilitate technical analysis, architecture and testing as required and in alignment with direction from the enterprise architect and director, infrastructure operations
- Proactively manage and communicate changes in project scope or budget, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- University degree or college diploma
- Fifteen or more years of direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of project development and execution
- Five or more years of experience working within IT departments for large publicly traded oil and gas organizations
- Competent and proficient understanding of ERP and enterprise reporting
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to handle a number of simultaneous priorities while demonstrating urgency and ownership to drive an overall significant and mission-critical project to completion
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Able to write clearly and succinctly in technical and non-technical formats
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with exposure to large-scale systems.
- Has the ability to apply logic and reason to solve complex problems