PROJECT CONTROLS SPECIALIST
Our client is looking for a project controls specialist to complete a one year contract in Fort McMurray AB. This position requires great attention to detail and advanced computer skills. The position would be assisting with site turnaround and therefore would be working a 14 & 7 x 12 hr TA 5 x 8hrs shifts Reg. If this is a position you feel you could excel at, please apply below.
- Strong organizational/logistics skills. The position requires the ability to manage an inventory of equipment ensuring quantities required are on hand and available, coordinate with vendors the issuing and retrieval of equipment, coordinate with the manufacturer the periodic maintenance of equipment. This involves dealing with various agencies (shipping, customs clearance, manufacturer).
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Incumbent will be required to conduct regular (as often as daily) face to face meetings with contractor field supervision and management. As such, they need to be able to explain concepts clearly and concisely in order to influence behavioural change.
- Strong analytical skills. Incumbent will be required to analyze data from various sources and systems, draw logical conclusions and make recommendations for action based on interpretation of data.
- Advanced MS Excel skills. The incumbent will be required to manipulate data and should be able to use Excel to generate clear and concise custom reports and graphs.
- Incumbent should be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail. The incumbent should be able to maintain focus during periods where high volumes of repetitive tasks are required, where the task must be done quickly and accurately.
- Warehousing/logistics skills would be a benefit
- Understanding of oil sands Turnaround operations
- Field experience in an oil sands operation
- Two to Five years’ experience