SPONSORSHIP & EVENTS MANAGER
Job Category:Sales & Marketing
Are you looking for a part-time opportunity that will build on your skills? We are looking for a Sponsorship & Event manager to work 5-10 hours a week to start with increased hours leading up to the events. This position is a one year contract position in Calgary. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Sponsorship & Event Manager is responsible for developing, managing and executing a strategic plan to support a leading Calgary event. If this sounds like something you would be interested in please apply today!
- Identify and build relationships with key existing clients, sponsors and prospects for partnerships
- Provide the highest level of service through constant communication and follow up with prospects and current clients
- Generate ideas for new sponsorship opportunities including but not limited to on-site activations, partner promotions, events, website and media features, signage, etc.
- Assist in the preparation and organization of marketing material
- Implement and execute new strategies that increase client retention
- Plan and execute daily and weekly sales activity including generating new business relationships, responding to corporate inquires, outbound calls, face to face appointments, prospecting, attending networking events, etc.
- Assist with the post-sale process to include: wrap up reports, partnership reviews, invoicing, client relations, etc.
- Oversee and facilitate all aspects of event planning including venue selection, vendor management, event registration, volunteer management, onsite staffing and post event reporting.
- Manage budget effectively and monitor spend throughout the year
- Manage and oversee the ticket distribution process
- Maintain a weekly ticket sales report and develop strategies to increase online and group ticket sales
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing, or another relevant field
- Two+ years’ experience of sales, event management, sponsorship or marketing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with good general computer literacy
- Proven ability to close sales and meet or exceed sales targets
- Determination to support the team and go above and beyond what is expected
- Positive and enthusiastic team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- High degree of accountability
- Ability to multi-task competing priorities while remaining flexible and calm under pressure
- Self-starter who can work independently with the ability to establish strong working relationships