Job Category:Supply Chain
Do you have some experience in the Oil and Gas industry? Our client is looking for a Junior Buyer to complete a one year contact in Calgary AB. The successful candidate will be responsible for buying materials and services for our clients upstream assets. The successful candidate would be able to come into the role and hit the ground running without extensive training. If this is a position you feel you would excel at, please apply below.
- Processes a queue of requisitions and convert to purchase orders on a daily basis
- Collect written proposals from vendors as needed
- Conduct simple negotiations of pricing and general terms & conditions
- Addresses invoice discrepancies from the purchase order or the goods receipt and approves invoice payment for any additional freight costs not accounted for on purchase order
- Liaises with the strategic buyer regarding project or turnaround purchases and potential bundles
- Provide support to ensure timely invoice payment
- Handle any PO (purchase order) maintenance for orders processed (e.g. update PO text, update delivery date, etc.)
- Behavioral Skills: adapts, analytical, collaborates, communicates effectively, focus on customers.
- PtP (Procure-to-Pay) knowledge system utilization & efficiency
- Total system cost, apply controls mindset, application of business and procurement technical knowledge
- Knowledge of contract development, contract management, negotiating and influencing, relationship management
- Strong knowledge of SAP procurement transactions
- Experience buying materials, equipment and services
- 3-5 years's Oil and Gas related work experience, preferably in Oil Sands
- Must have SAP experience in the Materials Management module.