Job Category:Supply Chain
Do you have experience working with developing businesses, and Landowner Companies? Our client, a large oil and gas company is looking for a Contracts Specialist to complete a one year contract in Calgary AB. If you feel you could excel in this position, please apply below.
- Create Service Entries and amend Service Requests for Production Operations contract services providers that exist on Company’s SAP system
- Liaise with Contractor Representatives on a daily basis to address issues that may arise from the placement and amendment of purchase orders and the payment of invoices for work executed against those purchase orders
- Foster positive, constructive relations and dialogue between Contractor and Company representatives, as well as assist in facilitating resolution to issues or problem-solving
- Ensure sound systems are in place by Field Supervisor
- Ensure effective contract administration through records management, advice and compliance with procurement, controls, OIMS 8.1 and business requirements
- Provide Production Department support to Accounts Payable as required.
- Help direct Contractors to in-house and external resources that can assist in achieving compliance and safe work practices (e.g.; SHE resources, training opportunities, Subject matter experts that can assist).
- Work with Contract Administrator to identify performance and efficiency improvement opportunities in contracts, including arranging performance reviews and meetings to identify opportunities.
- Perform assignments in a safe and diligent manner, timely inform the supervisor about any incidents, injuries, near misses and potential hazards at his/her working place or at others’ working places if witnessed
- Report contractor performance and status in accordance with Global Operations and EMPNG requirements
- Microsoft Excel and other analysis tools
- Experience of using SAP (or other) computerized maintenance management tools
- Safety leadership qualifications or certifications
- Experience within a large corporation or complex organizational setting
- Experience working with developing businesses, and also Landowner Companies (LANCO’s).
- Experience in engaging with contractors, in a developing country environment
- 7 -10 years’ experience with Contract administration, with service-contractor environments preferred
- Experience and confidence working in field or industrial environments, including remote locations
- Business and ethics compliance
- Understanding of company expectations relating to controls, reporting and compliance • Understanding and knowledge of the host country’s commercial environment, and the role of government and regulatory authorities
- Ability to integrate security and community objectives into plans for Service Contracting
- Good interpersonal and motivation skills, with ability to manage discipline and performance issues in the workplace
- Understanding of Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS)
- Strong understanding of International Production Enterprise System (IPES/SAP)