SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER/BRANCH MANAGER
- Assume technical and business leadership of the municipal/civil engineering team
- Lead the Surrey office, supporting the technical and administrative Team Members as the Branch Manager
- Expand business opportunities, develop client relationships, and lead project pursuits
- Support project execution and ensure project quality management
- Manage and deliver complex infrastructure engineering projects and multidisciplinary teams through the pursuit, planning, design, and construction phases
- Involvement in projects including allocation of budgets, personnel and resources, billing and client relationships
- Civil Engineering degree
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation in British Columbia, or eligible to register as a P.Eng. in B.C.
- 12+ years of relevant experience within Canada
- 5+ years of success in a leadership role
- Project management experience to ensure schedules, budgets, and quality control standards are met
- Knowledge and experience in municipal infrastructure improvement projects
- Knowledge and experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and calculations
- Knowledge of standard computer modeling software packages such as AutoCAD Civil 3D, EPANET, Water CAD & SWMM
- Experience preparing stormwater management plans (ISMPs), master drainage plans (MDP), site stormwater management plans, and watershed plans
- Experience with water & wastewater treatment processes, piping systems, and pumping systems.
- Experience with taking projects from proposal stage through conceptual design, detailed design, and construction
- Experience with land use planning, rezoning applications and OCP amendments
- Familiarity with environmental permitting, legislation and regulations including the Riparian Area Regulation and the Water Sustainability Act
- Strong technical writing skills for design reports and proposals
- Excellent English language skills, verbal and written
- A valid driver’s license
People are the heart of every business. At BOWEN, we support that truth every single day. We champion inclusive cultures and harness diverse talent. We encourage applications from all, including people of any ethnic or national background, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, Indigenous Peoples and persons with disabilities.