Are you driven, eager to learn and grow with a fast paced rapidly growing company? Our client a capital investment company is looking for an Accountant/Bookkeeper. This is a critical role for the organization and an exciting time to get in with a company from the ground up. If you are interested please apply below, we want to talk to you. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, you will be the “right hand man” in reporting Canadian results to the US counterparts.
- Assist the larger Finance Team with defining and implementing finance and accounting objectives.
- Assist in managing entity-wide accounting and finance functions and ensure that optimal and compliant financial controls, policies, and processes are in place; continually monitor and safeguard firm and entity assets.
- Prepare cash reconciliations, budgets and working capital forecasts across multiple business units and structures.
- Maintain Accounts Payable and Receivable subledgers and have primary responsibility for monitoring payment cycle and ensuring efficient processing.
- Reconcile monthly bank and credit card transactions.
- Initiate approval and payment workflows, maintain vendor database and wire instructions.
- Manage inter-company transactions, including inter-company account reconciliations.
- Oversee and design supporting documentation packages and develop best in class policies and integration (i.e. wire support packets, bank reconciliations, purchase/sale documentation, etc.).
- Play a key role in managing GP Dynamics and related third-party add-ons and integrations; identify opportunities to enhance financial technology and infrastructure.
- Support investments by rolling out accounting policies and best practices across newly formed or acquired businesses to enable efficient capital management and financial reporting.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end closings and the preparation of consolidated financial statements; drive continuous improvement in the timeliness, accuracy, and thoroughness of the company’s financial reporting procedures.
- Prepare both audited and non-audited monthly, quarterly, and year-end budgets to actual individual and consolidated financial reports and related management discussion and analysis; provide senior leadership with data necessary to make strategic operating and investment decisions.
- Assist with managing annual audits of individual and consolidated financial statements.
- Assist in preparation of Canadian and US tax and information returns (i.e. income, GST, sales and other taxes, regulatory and compliance filings, etc.)
- Prepare and submit capital calls, tax statements, and financial reports for investment partners.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in accounting/operations or related field;
- Ability to provide scale and implement efficiencies within a fast-growing company with a diverse set of subsidiary businesses;
- Experience in MS Dynamics GP and Encore preferred; ability to maintain master files and chart of accounts and perform month-end closings;
- Strong technical understanding of US GAAP and IFRS reporting. Experience with US and Canadian corporate and partnership tax rules a plus;
- Excellent systems and operational skills, including proficiency with all Microsoft Products. Strong excel experience important (advanced skills with pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.);
- Experience recording FX and inter-company transactions;
- Strong analytical skills, sound judgment, and impeccable attention to detail; the ability to multi-task effectively but also have a disciplined approach to projects;
- High energy level, strong team orientation and the ability to thrive in a very fast-paced, high-growth environment.