PEOPLE & CULTURE MANAGER
Job Category:Human Resources
BOWEN is the leading independent recruitment and contractor management firm in Canada. We offer permanent, temporary and contractor recruitment, contingent workforce management and payroll processing. Throughout our 46+ year history, BOWEN has transformed the human capital space and placed more than 130,000+ candidates across the country. We have a commitment to championing inclusive cultures, harnessing diverse talent, and enriching safe working environments because it’s our mission to make people matter and that starts with You!
Specifically, we are looking for a high-performing human resources generalist passionate about helping us maintain and shape our corporate culture as our business continues to rapidly grow; support our internal human resources requirements to attract, equip and enable our employees for success, and lead our diversity and inclusion initiatives to ensure we are living our values as an organization. You are well versed in recruitment and employment law, passionate about developing talent and enabling performance, driven to deliver business results and the best service possible which is the reputation BOWEN has been built on.
As a member of an exceptional team who work together to make things happen, accountability, teamwork and collaboration must be part of your DNA.
- Culture Management - Coordinating employee events to drive connection and employee engagement, both social (annual holiday party, summer social event, monthly pot-luck lunches, employee celebration events, etc.) and business (annual strategy day, learning events, etc.); and enabling a culture of continuous improvement, learning and collaboration
- People Management – As the HR representative for the organization you will be responsible for internal recruitment, onboarding and offboarding, new employee orientation, employment documentation, performance management, compensation administration, benefits program oversight, leveraging our HRIS (Bamboo HR), policy development and measuring employee engagement on a regular basis
- Diversity & Inclusion Leadership – Ensuring the organization is equipped for living our core value of diversity though strategy, employee engagement, training and coaching
- Supporting marketing in client events such as advisory council meetings, panel events, corporate speaker series, etc.
- Office Management – Maintaining the work environment as a critical component of our culture, including office layout, upkeep and equipment maintenance, office supplies and vendor management
- Corporate subject matter expert on Human Resources, Diversity & Inclusion
- University degree or diploma with specialization in human resources
- Five+ years of human resources experience
- Proven track record of delivering results and a clear understanding of a service culture
- You understand the importance of corporate culture and are passionate about the opportunity to contribute to shaping it within the organization
- You thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment and drive to continuously improve processes
- As the “ HR go to” for the organization you need to be knowledgeable in human resources and employment law, respectful of information privacy and confidentiality, competent in recruiting exceptional talent for the team and committed to integrating diversity and inclusion in everything we do
- You are sensitive, trustworthy and approachable while maintaining a focus on the needs of the business
- Your drive to get things done inspires others to perform at their peak
Become part of the BOWEN Story
For more than four decades, BOWEN has navigated economic change, market interruption and global competition. Our depth of services and scope of solutions have made us the leading independent workforce management company in the country. We transcend industries and we never forget it is always about people.
We believe being the biggest doesn’t make you the best – it just makes you more vulnerable to change. BOWEN is strengthened by a network of partners, so we can be consistently nimble to any market environment, not hostage to it. We manage local needs and global clients with “your size fits you” service delivery. Through our value-driven and innovative end-to-end approach, we step up – and stand out – from the market.
Our success lives on a foundation of proven processes, leading-edge technology, strict safety protocol and the bold notion that diversity solutions are imperative to innovation. We work hard to put people to work - and that works for us.
The world of work is transforming fast. Our job isn’t to keep up; it’s to anticipate what’s next.
People are the heart of every business. At BOWEN, we support that truth every single day. We champion inclusive cultures and harness diverse talent. We encourage applications from all, including people of any ethnic or national background, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, Indigenous Peoples and persons with disabilities.