Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
Job Category:Human Resources
Are you an experienced Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic looking a new opportunity? Our client, a global building products company, is looking for a Permanent Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic in Calgary. This position with contribute to our client’s safety first production operations by regularly inspecting, repairing, and maintaining mobile equipment as required to minimize downtime, and to further advance our continuous improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives. If you are interested in this role, please apply below.
- Diagnose, repair & maintain all systems on mobile equipment such as; forklifts, wheel loaders, as well as various other mobile equipment. This includes, engine, transmission, electrical, hydraulic systems among many others.
- Experienced, competent and able to repair, troubleshoot, adjust, overhaul and maintain mobile equipment with a focus on preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Perform in accordance with a preventive maintenance program, verification, disassembly, repair, assembly, adjustment, and overhauls to maintain mobile equipment.
- Accurately document and track all work completed through a CMMS system (SAP).
- Development of detailed standard maintenance interval procedures for each of the mobile equipment units as per OEM guidelines. Creating a robust preventive maintenance program.
- Maintains high safety standards, shop standards, and motivated to do their best work every day.
- Occasionally performs work in other trades and provides plant maintenance support.
- Participates and supports World Class Manufacturing and lean manufacturing initiatives.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- The unionized plant operates on a 24/7 schedule
- This is a permanent, full-time position (Days)
- Reliable, punctual and health-safety-environment conscious
- Must be a valid heavy duty mechanic journeyman with an interprovincial Red Seal.
- Must be available to work shifts and overtime/ extended hours as required
- 5+ years of experience as a HD mobile equipment mechanic
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Outlook) and ability to acclimate to a PC based maintenance system, CMMS (SAP).
- Read, write, understand and communicate effectively in English
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Enthusiastic team player who is organized and self-motivated
- Work in a World Class Manufacturing Environment – WCM
People are the heart of every business. At BOWEN, we support that truth every single day. We champion inclusive cultures and harness diverse talent. We encourage applications from all, including people of any ethnic or national background, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, Indigenous Peoples and persons with disabilities.