EMBEDDED/IoT SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Job Category:Information Technology
Do you have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of software development tools and languages? Do you live and breathe coding languages? Our Calgary client is looking for an Embedded/IoT Software Engineer that loves collaborating with others and knows the importance of building scalable systems with the capacity to support growth. If this sounds like something you would excel in, please apply today.
- Contribute to the design and development of IoT camera management tools and data processing platforms using various technologies and languages
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements to existing systems and platforms, with focus on application software and OTA deployment to cloud-connected embedded Linux devices
- Support the transition of a ground-breaking new product from prototype into production
- Collaborate with the software development team in a fast-moving environment
- Collaborate with hardware engineers, data scientists, business users, project managers and other software engineers to achieve solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Four+ years of experience in embedded software development
- Direct experience developing in C++, Python, shell scripting, etc.
- Strong DevOps focus and experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies like Docker, Git, CI/CD etc.
- Cloud platforms such as Azure IoT suite, particularly Azure IoT Edge on Linux devices
- Use of Docker as a cross-architecture development tool for embedded Linux targets
- Infrastructure automation and source control technologies like Docker, Git, Travis, etc.
- Familiarity with embedded Linux, specifically Yocto/OpenEmbedded, bitbake, BSPs, etc.
- Familiarity with Video for Linux (v4l2) driver, s devices, video systems
- Familiarity with TCP/IP network configuration and cellular modem configuration
- Databases and data structures, like Cosmos, SQL
- Experience with test-driven development, testing methodologies, unit tests, and integration tests
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Outgoing and eager to work in a team environment