SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Job Category:Information Technology
Are you an analytical thinker that is passionate about software engineering? Do you live and breathe coding languages? Our Calgary client is looking for a Senior Software Engineer that loves collaborating with others and knows the importance of building scalable systems with the capacity to support growth. In this permanent, full time role, you will develop and build high impact data products. If this suits you to a T, then apply below.
- Focus on open standards and open source before seeking proprietary solution to a problem
- Work with other teams to develop end to end features across mobile, web and cloud infrastructures
- Work with other team members to explore new ideas through experiments, prototypes, and fast feedback
- Utilize SCRUM and Agile methodologies to accomplish tasks and workflows
- Work with the software team to develop end-to-end features across their Cloud, mobile and web infrastructure
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Science, or related field
- Four+ years of experience in architecting and developing scalable, responsive front-end/UI frameworks
- Extensive experience creating code, unit, and integration test suites
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps concepts and technologies
- Experience with relation as well as non-relational data stores such as Cassandra, Mongo DB, etc.
- Strong understanding of design principles behind scalable architecture
- Experience designing and building API’s using GraphQL, websockets, webhooks etc.
- Strong experience implementing automated testing platforms and test units
- Good understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Outgoing and eager to work in a team environment
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Docker and microservice architecture is strongly preferred
- Background in building a start-up company would be a strong asset