Stream Source is an Indigenous-owned recruiting and contractor management firm, operated by BOWEN Group. Stream Source is an equity employer and encourages Indigenous peoples, women, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Our client, a leader in the energy industry in Hamilton, ON is seeking an experienced Electrical Technician, Journeyman to join their team on a full time permanent basis. In this role you will be ensuring the maintenance and repair of all electrical equipment as well as the calibration and testing of various process instruments.
- All maintenance and repair of electrical equipment
- Maintain records of all duties, permits and hazard assessments
- Install and inspect all new electrical equipment
- Ensure compliance with company and governmental regulations
- Repair, maintenance and operation of electrical equipment up to 5 KV
- Calibrate and test process instruments
- Maintain and test the Communication, PLC and HMI equipment
- Reflect all changes to drawings, and make sure records are up to date
- Ensure safety standards are maintained in all aspects of work
- Provide after hours all call services
- Some contractor supervision may be required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Electrical Journeyman Certificate is required
- Three+ years’ experience in an industrial setting
- Experience in piping, safety procedures and valve configuration
- Strong computer skills with MS Office, Maximo and SCADA and PLC interfaces
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Vehicle required, along with a valid Driver’s license and good driving record
Please note: This is a safety sensitive
position, the successful candidate will be required to undergo the following
checks: criminal record, education verification, employment verification, full
medical, drug testing, and drivers abstract.
Stream Source is committed to creating an inclusive workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals of any race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientations, gender identity, veteran status or disability.